Monday, March 14, 2011

In a Slump....

I has a sad. I recently looked over my stash, and noticed how little I had. Silly, I know.....I really have quite a bit, but it seems that I don't have enough...I have plenty for small projects, like fingerless gloves and maybe a shawl or two. But the projects I really want to do (and design) require more yarn than I have. Such as colorwork, caplets, shrugs, skirts, so on and so forth....

And then I start feeling guilty. Almost all the yarn I have was given to me, out of the kindness of others. On top of that, there's so much bad in the world, so much I could be depressed over than my own little problems. But yet here I am, feeling sorry for myself, and stressing out over running out of yarn, and what I'm going to do when I use my yarn up. The job hunt looks bleak, and there are few options for me and Josh right now. I could go to college, but I had made plans to move back down south, to my spiritual sister. We are like wo halves of a whole, never fully complete without the other....Circumstances caused us to be much farther apart than either of us wanted...
I've been looking for grants, to help with my art, and maybe setting up an online business, but I'm making little progress, mostly because it's so hard to find information without paying someone money first. And that's a no go.
I could try giving beginners knitting and crochet lessons, but that's intimidating. I could also do dog walking, and housework for the elderly, but there's the problem of us still being outsiders, and the cost of cleaning supplies.....

Things look a bit bleak, but I'm trying to stay on top of it all. I'm trying to see the silver lining in all of this, but it's hard. I've been in deeper holes than this. I just have to keep moving forward, even if I stumble and fall....

In other news, the pattern I'm working on is progressing slowly, but I just got some more needles in the mail (prize from a scavenger hunt on Rav), so I can experiment with different gauges. I have a few other designs ideas, but am a little bogged down by the whole yarn issue.


I'm not beat yet. I just need a bit of support. I will beat this, as I have all the other times before.

No comments:

Post a Comment